Saturday, October 15, 2005

Home Again

Well, we are home again.

Donna's surgery went well. The surgeon, Mandy Herring, was excellent - kind and caring - as were her partners that did follow-up visits. The services of the Women's and Children's Hospital of the Anderson Area Medical Center (AnMed) were excellent also - both nursing staff and food. (Well, aside from the liquid diet that Donna had for several meals following surgery.)

She did have a scare, and an extra night's stay in the hospital, because of a drop in her hemoglobin, but it stabilized and even went up this morning ... so we were able to come home.

The downside, of course, there is always a downside, was the sleeping accomodations for the spouse - me. The chair made into a bed alright, but its softness was only slightly better than the floor, which I found was the best bed at an Athens, GA hospital that shall for the time being remain nameless.

So, we are home again.

We are now waiting for our baby, Cindy Lou, to come home - she stayed with friends and I'm sure her spoiling went unabated during these past several days - but, she is a sweetheart. She has been through all of Donna's sickness, her nursemaid. Now, I am ready for her to come home and resume that service, because I'm not the greatest "nurse" in the world.

And, being home, I will be home for the next week. I only hope that I will be able to accomplish some things around the house that I have been unable to do because of my work. We, also, continue to prepare for the day when we may have to move - if not physically, at least mentally we prepare. We pray that God will open up a place of service at just the right time in just the right place for it is possible that our interim service at Sisters Baptist Church in Sandersville will soon be coming to an end.

We sometimes find it a challenge, but we try to trust that God is working His will and His way in these days. (BTW: if you know of a Southern Baptist congregation seeking a full-time minister, either music, pastor, associate pastor, or administrator, please refer them to my resume.)

Well, this has been an interesting experience creating my first blog, but the important thing for now is ...

We are home again!

No comments:

Custom Search