Sunday, December 11, 2005

Harry Potter

This afternoon I saw the televised version of "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" or something like that.

After all the hoopla, I was disappointed that it was such a tame movie. In fact, the phrase that jumped out at me was one that was basically the same as one I have been using regularly lately: "it's all about the choices we make."

Obviously from a theological perspective it is ultimately about God's choices, but on our level, so much of what we get is based on our choices. (This also does not discount the effect on us of the choices that others make.)

For example, my mother chooses to keep pushing herself when weariness and pain would easily dictate staying in bed, but she also pays the price for pushing.

And, in my own life, I have made choices that have affected the life that I live today - some good, some bad.

In fact, there is scriptural backing for this:

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind." Hosea 8:7a

No comments:

Custom Search