Saturday, June 24, 2006

Still Waiting

Waiting ... (a verb)

A phone call comes in. A great conversation ensues. Sounds good. 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, and we wait for a return phone call.

A request for some more piece of information. "We have your resume. Would you send us ... a doctrinal statement, a DVD, your testimony." 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, and we wait for word.

(I thank God for those churches who actually send a note expressing their appreciation for the opportunity, but also their regrets that it is not I who will be serving them.)

A supporter tells me that he has talked with the pastor of so-and-so church and that they sounded interested and would probably call. 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks ... and you detect a pattern.

I'm still waiting.


Waiting ... (a noun)

I am thankful for the opportunity to serve the good people of Hill Street Baptist Church if only as a supply minister of music. The people are loving and the opportunity to work with them and their music gives flight to my need to serve the Lord in some vocational capacity.

It is my belief that God has me here for a purpose - His purpose. The ministry aspects are not as full as I would like. The musical aspects are not as free as I would like. The financial aspects are not adequate for a living. But, I find contentment in knowing that I am where God has me right now - waiting on Him and His people.

Hopefully, in His eyes -

I'm still waiting.

1 comment:

Mo said...

"I want a peace beyond my understanding
I want to feel it fall like rain
In the middle of my hurting
I want to feel Your arms as they surround me
And let me know that it's okay
To be here in this place
Resting in the peace that only comes
In the waiting"
-In the Waiting, Greg Long

Custom Search